Saturday, February 26, 2011

Minecraft on Xbox 360?

A possibility, but has not been confirmed by Markus Persson. In a recent interview; he did have this to say:

"I want to work on other games, but I think it would make sense to turn Minecraft into a franchise. I think it's important that there should be a point to any future Minecraft games. So if we make an Xbox version, there should be a point to it being on Xbox."

What does this mean? Obviously, he wants to create new games, but there is still an interest in making a console version. The only issue is that people may begin to ask for updates on the console version. Anyone can tell you that updating will always occur quicker in the PC version. This is where his main audience is.

Still, I haven't ruled out the possibility of minecraft being a game that I'll be enjoying on a console. Perhaps, sometime soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment