Tuesday, June 14, 2011

E3 2011 Xbox 360 impression.

There's no denying it.

I have but one word to describe their showing at E3: terrible.

The only thing I do happen to remember is the reveal trailer of Halo 4, and let's be honest with ourselves...even that wasn't so exciting.

Why?

It's quite simple. The whole conference was lacking something new, and original. Something that would peak the interest of those that are watching. Ah, but alas...there was nothing of interest, and quite the few Xbox fans agree with me.

Did I mention Kinect? It almost seemed like Microsoft was trying to sell it to the audience; all over again. Kinect has already proven that it's capable of selling, but is it capable of creating an experience that many a gamer would enjoy? As of now? The answer is no. There are mixed feelings about the Kinect, and it has created a divide within the Xbox gaming community. The Kinect itself; still has something to prove.

As far as third party support goes; I was only excited about the new Tomb Raider. Yes, Tomb Raider. I know the series was subject to some horrible games, but the latest installment does look promising.

However, the biggest announcement (in my opinion) would have to be the arrival of Minecraft on the Xbox 360. I'll certainly be looking forward to that, and any new developments. (Note to microsoft: Do not force Kinect upon it! Make it compatible with controllers also!)

There was Gears of war 3, and Modern Warfare 3. Not really excited about those two.

Three was the key number at this E3. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment