Monday, March 9, 2009

Soul Eater (anime)

Soul Eater was introduced to me by a friend after I found the winter season to be pretty disappointing.

Soul Eater is quite an enjoyable watch mainly for its laughs. As for its storyline... it isn't emphasized as much as I would like, but oh well. It still is satisfying, and I am a sucker for comedic series anyway!

The drawings are definitely abstract and may not cater to most people, but I definitely don't mind. Check out TTGL and FLCL for reference.

Overall the series is good in its own ways, and 10x more enjoyable than what the winter 2009 season offers, except for perhaps a few (Toradora, etc.).

I don't have time to complete a thorough review at the moment but I just wanted to point out that for potential viewers of this series, DO NOT skimp on it based on Last Exile's review. Everyone has different tastes as to which series are "enjoyable" or not, and it is quite obvious he prefers more sophisticated series. But then again, I'd love to point out that Geass R2 had its own fair share of flaws, which forces me to put the credibility of his ratings in question.

Anyways, to sum it up, definitely one of the better series of the 2008-09 year. Give it a try, you will NOT be disappointed. Too bad it is licensed... but try to get your hands on it somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment