Thursday, March 19, 2009

LG Rumor2 (Sprint)

Pros: The new design is cooler. Changeable backplates, now has Bluetooth stereo, 4x more memory cap, and comes in two trims.

Cons: The front key pad is cramped. Camera is plainly for on the spot moments.

Summary: I think the CNET article is wrong when it says that there were no improvements. There were many. The first is the improved QWERTY keypad. It now has an extra row for numbers, a directional pad and a quick emoticon key, that I find I use much more than I should.

It also has Bluetooth Stereo (I have a bluetooth stereo headphones and speakers) so that is well needed.

It also has 16 GB max mem capacity, which means I can store alot more songs....when I upgrade my mem card.

It has threaded SMS, a good Sprint navigator (which got me around LA) that doesn't require EVDO and I find it to be a good messaging device. I don't websurf or use alot of multimedia features, so why would I need EVDO?

I'm sure LG was looking for a lower cost device in these times to fight the higher spec'd SS Rant. The good thing about this phone is that is has a better feel and look than the cheap looking Rant. And the writer is wrong. LG does have a QWERTY device with EVDO and better camera.......it's called the LG LOTUS, a much better device.

No comments:

Post a Comment