Monday, January 31, 2011

"Blurring Entertainment and Reality."

I was surfing the internetz, and I just so happened to type PSP NGP into the search bar. Perhaps, there would be some new updates on it.

Upon hitting the search button; I was greeted by the official website, and a few words appeared under the link itself. Included were: "Blurring Entertainment and Reality."

I have said this before, and I will say it again. I'm up for tech advances, and the like. However, when people start to lose the sense of what is real, and what isn't; then the problem begins. What's worse? It almost seems like this type of behavior is being encouraged by the sony website.

It brought to mind an incident a friend of mine had while engaging in an online PC game. One of the users had threatened to kill himself, and post it as a video. A perfect example of a sophomoric idiot that had combined reality, and entertainment into one. I bet he thought there would be some sort of "kill-cam" after he acted upon his threat? Thankfully, he did not act upon it.

Examples like these are usually devoured by the media. Which in turn adds to the problem; when in fact much of the gaming populace are quite intelligent. That's not to say that a much bigger number of idiots will become more prominent in the future.

A shame really.

No comments:

Post a Comment